The Application File Manager for the Nokia N9/N950 (MeeGo Harmattan) has been released as a Beta now! What that means according to Nik Rolls is "File Manager has reached Beta stage! This means it is pretty stable and feature-rich, however just needs a little public testing to iron out any bugs I may not have found yet."
As you can see, there's been a reasonable version jump since the last release. On using the application you won't notice too many changes as most of the modifications are in the back-end, but the good news is that they pave the way for the new cloud features which will be coming in future versions.
The new features in 0.2.3 are:
- Splash screens implemented to improve perceptive loading speed. Splash screens should reflect current theme (light, dark) and orientation
- New modular threaded back-end to pave the way for other sources and to increase speeds
- Folder searching
- Hidden files and folders option
- Disabled predictive text on Rename, New Folder and Search boxes
- Graphical enhancements
- Automatic updates
- Fixed bug where cancelling an ongoing operation didn't close the progress window
- Added Swedish language translation (thanks to Felix Woxström from MeegoSweden)
- Added About page to credit creator and translators
Still to do by official Store launch:
- Some icons don't load on first screen
- Improve loading speeds
- Any other bugs you may find
Download available from here
Check out our previous post about File Manager that has a hands-on video of the Application.