This is a cgroups mod to make N9 less laggy that requires some testing.
This version is very different from the 0.0.2, it is not a memory mod anymore. Now the app modify a configuration file in the phone to change the priorities the processes have in using the CPU.
My experience is that all lags are gone (except shortly after reboot). Please use it at least for a day before taking any conclusions.
Do REBOOT after installing.
PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING. THIS IS A TESTING VERSION, THERE MAY BE PROBLEMS (tough I've been using it for a week and had no problems so far). ANYWAY, BE AWARE YOU MAY EVEN LOOSE DATA AND I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE.
DO NOT INSTALL IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO REFLASH YOUR PHONE. THIS IS A TESTING VERSION, ONLY BRAVE PEOPLE SHOULD INSTALL.
For installing, download the package and click it.
For uninstalling, open settings, then applications, the Applications Manager: Settings->Applications->Applications manager
If this app made you happy, please remember to donate. I lost some weeks and some money while developing this mod, as I didn't know I had limited downloads for the apps I bought in the store (reflashed my phone many times and now have to pay again for the apps).
Thank you all for your feedback, it helped a lot.
fastern9 (0.9.3) unstable; urgency=low
* bugfix: core apps (phone, browser, email and others) won't take long to start anymore
fastern9 (0.9.2) unstable; urgency=low
* Added the icon to the application manager
* Removed the icon from the home screen
fastern9 (0.9.1) unstable; urgency=low
* implemented the postrm script to revert the device to the original state after uninstallation
fastern9 (0.9.0) unstable; urgency=low
* now using a custom syspart.conf instead of a startup script
* not a memory mod anymore. Now trying to adjust the cpu.shares of the cgroups
* changed the groups of some processes as the original definitions wouldn't be respected shortly after boot (maybe a bug in the original firmware?)
* reverted creation of two new groups in version 0.0.3
fastern9 (0.0.3) unstable; urgency=low
* don't change the memory limits for the cgroups background and desktop anymore
* created new cgroup: cpu_limited. Moved the process mmcqd to this new group
* created new cgroup: cpu_mem_limited. Moved the process feedengine to this new group
fastern9 (0.0.2) unstable; urgency=low
* vfs_cache_pressure value modified to a lower but still big value.
* changed (lowered) the default memory limits of the desktop and background cgroups
* improved explanations in the script comments.
fastern9 (0.0.1) unstable; urgency=low
* Initial Release.
The last version is 0.9.3.
|fastern9_0.9.3_armel.deb (18.3 KB, 557 views)|