Today the Tizen SDK v2.0 and Tizen v2.0 has been released with downloads for Ubuntu (32/64 bit), Windows XP/ 7 32Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit and Mac OSX ! (nice spread guys), Source code links found at the bottom of the page.
The Tizen SDK is a comprehensive set of tools for developing Tizen Web and Native applications. It consists of IDE, Emulator, toolchain, sample code, and documentation. Tizen SDK runs on Windows*, Ubuntu*, as well as Mac OS X*. Tizen applications may be developed without relying on an official Tizen IDE, as long as the application complies with Tizen packaging rules.
Highlights of this release include:
- Enhanced Web framework that provides state-of-the-art HTML5/W3C API support
- Web UI framework, including full-screen and multi-window support
- Additional Tizen device APIs, such as Bluetooth and NFC support, and access to the device’s calendar, call history, and messaging subsystems
- Web Runtime framework supporting new configuration elements for specifying the required features and privileges, and providing the basic runtime environment for NPRuntime plugins
- Native framework supporting full-featured application development and providing a variety of features such as background applications, IP Push, and TTS (Text-To-Speech)
- Core and native reference applications including Calendar, Contacts, Gallery, Phone, Settings, and Video Player
- Native IDE providing a project wizard, WYSIWYG design environment, unit test tool, and dynamic analyzer
Go to https://source.tizen.org/release for more information on the release. If you are interested in building Tizen for your own devices, documentation on development and tools is found here: https://source.tizen.org/os-development.
So as we start the download we would suggest you head on over to the download page and please let us know how you get on 🙂