Titanium release, 3.2.0 is now available. It supports Tizen 2.2 out of the Tin and comes along with more features to make your app development faster and potentially easier.
Note: Once you upgrade to Studio 3.2.0, all of your existing Alloy-based apps will need to be re-compiled with the 3.2.0 SDK.
As always, we keep up to date on the latest OSes:
- iOS 7.1
- Note that we still have a known issue with the iOS 7.1 Simulator. iOS 7.1 is still in beta, so we expect to resolve this before final release.
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Tizen 2.2
- Limited release for Windows 8 (Hybrid).
- Windows support is being released to a limited set of customers for feedback before general availability to the community at large.
Other new exciting features
- We have updated the UI in Titanium Studio to improve the user experience and performance, and to reduce screen clutter. Please read Studio Changes for more details.
- For iOS 7, we now have support for new animated transitions and dynamic animation.
- You can now build and push directly to the device and bypass iTunes! That should be a massive improvement to your development time.
- 3.2.0 also now supports background processing. This is exciting in and of itself, but we are even happier with it because it was built using our using our new Hyperloop compiler. We announced Hyperloop in October and we are now starting to see the first benefits of using it. This is the beginning of Titanium’s future! Thanks to all the community members who providing us with valuable feedback on it.
- We have improved our 2D matrix transformations and our animation performance.
- We now support grouped push notifications.
- 3.2.0 supports extra, extra high-density devices.
- For our Appcelerator Platform customers, you not only get the features mentioned above but you also get simultaneous multi-platform support with LiveView. So now as you make changes to your code you can see what it looks like on an iPhone, iPad, Android phone and Android tablet all at the same time.
Please read the release notes for a full list of all changes and improvements in this release.
Downloading Titanium 3.2.0
For new users, download Titanium 3.2.0 by clicking here. For existing Titanium & Appcelerator Studio users, you will be prompted to update automatically on the next restart. You can also manually check for updates by selecting the “Check for Titanium SDK Updates” or “Check for Appcelerator Updates” from the “Help” menu within Studio.