The Tizen development tools team is proud to announce the release of Version 13.08, which includes three new tools repa, prekit and lthor. Also people craving for some ARM64 love will be excited to know that both GBS and MIC support ARM64 Architecture.
Three new tools, including repa, prekit and lthor. Both GBS and MIC can support ARM64(aarch64) architecture now.
This release contains many enhancements for the following tools:
Two new Linux distributions have been added into the support list:
Full list of supported Linux distributions are:
GBS 0.20 release
- support ARM64(aarch64) build
- enhance gbs build report summary, including print log directory, show
number of succeeded packages and always show build report even if some
packages build failed
- generate html and json format build report
- depend on new pristine-tar (1.28) to fix pristine-tar branch broken issue
- use HTTP no-cache headers to avoid unexpected proxy caching
- depend on initvm static binary to register qemu handler, instead of using
qemu bash script(/usr/sbin/qemu-binfmt-conf.sh)
For detailed information, refer to: [GBS Release Notes]
MIC 0.22 release
- support arm64 architecture image creation in native mode
- split the "native" running mode support to a separated sub-package
- reduce the dependencies(packages) of mic main package dramatically
- add new options '--interactive' and '--non-interactive' to flip
- add new option '--uuid' for 'part' in ks file to set filesystem uuid
- export more environment variables related to installer framework for loop
For detailed information, refer to: [MIC Release Notes]
bmap-tools 3.1 release
- Changes the bmap format version from 1.4 to 2.0 in order to lessen the
versioning screw-up. Increased major bmap format version number will make
sure that older bmap-tools fail with a readable error message, instead of
For detailed information, refer to: [bmap-tools Release Notes]
repa 0.1 release
- Tool for assisting release engineers with their tasks, including operate
with submissions in easy and flexible manner.
prekit 0.9 release
- prekit is a Tizen IA client tool of Pre-OS, which is the proviioning
environment of Tizen operating system. It's the tool used to flash Tizen
operation system to IA device.
For detailed information, refer to: [Prekit Project Home]
lthor 1.4 release
- Tool for downloading binaries from a Linux host PC to a target phone. It
uses a USB cable as a physical communication medium.
"GBS Release Notes"
"MIC Release Notes"
"bmap-tools Release Notes"
"Prekit Project Home"
"Tools installation Guide"
"GBS Reference Guide"
"MIC Reference Guide"
"GBS Local Full Build Guide"