If you are a Developer readying yourself for the world of Tizen, then this book maybe of Interest to you. Its called "Tizen Application Development" and is written by Hojun Jaygarl, Yoonsoo Kim and Eunyoung Choi who are Samsung engineers working on Tizen, and Cheng Luo, Kevin Bradwick and Jon Lansdell are experienced professional developers.
Professional Tizen Application Development prepares you to start creating amazing apps for multiple devices with the Tizen platform.
Tizen is an Open Source, Linux based, HTML5-centric environment that can support Native as well as HTML5 applications. With the help of this book you can cover subjects such as location and social features, advanced UIs, animations, sensors and multimedia.
Tizen is an open source platform that is housed within the Linux Foundation and is fully supported by Intel, Samsung and the Tizen Association.
Professional Tizen Application Development:
• Explains how web applications can combine HTML5 features with Tizen device APIs to unleash the full potential of the Tizen platform
• Provides detailed, practical explanations of the most important Tizen native APIs
• Demonstrates best practices for adding key features like location, contacts and calendars to your apps
• Shows you how to use advanced features such as animations, face recognition and sensors to help you create applications that stand out from the crowd
• Shares code on advanced topics including multi-threading and hybrid applications
• Includes numerous fully functional code examples, for both web and native applications, complete with hints and tips to get the most out of the Tizen APIs
UPDATE: This book has now gone live and ready to order !!!
You can buy Tizen application Development from:
Here are 3 sample chapters to get you a feel of what the book is really going to be like: