Last november we had the Tizen Developer Summit in Seoul, Korea. The 2nd Tizen Developer Summit was a regional, technical conference for:
"Tizen developers, App developers, ISVs, Platform designers, Operators, OEMs, Hardware vendors, Software vendors, Open source enthusiasts, and anyone engaged in Tizen"
This time, the Asia Tizen event is being held in Shanghai, China in late October 2014, and the Call for Papers is now open until the 15th August. The program committee are looking for talk submissions on the use and development of Tizen in the following areas:
Application development and deployment:
- Upcoming and popular applications (development stories, sharing experiences, etc.)
- Use of the Tizen API and SDK (tutorials, news, tips and tricks for making great applications, development tools, and helpers)
- Strategies for developing applications for Tizen devices using HTML5 or Tizen Native
- Design guidelines and User Experience (different Tizen profiles, form factors, crossing the boundaries between them, and differentiation)
- Deploying Tizen apps worldwide, including monetization, internationalization, and localization
Device development and use of Tizen profiles:
- New devices or profiles and product development stories (experiences, process, challenges, differentiation)
- Improvements and developments in Tizen hardware adaptation (performance, power, Linux kernel developments, porting process, etc.)
- Information around supported hardware platforms (tutorials/introductions, improvements/developments, and challenges)
- Platform tools and process (tutorials/introductions, improvements/developments, tips and tricks, QA etc.)
Tizen project, process, and progress:
- Platform overview and key components (status and roadmap, profile deep-dives, opportunities)
- Activity reports from various project areas
- Future plans on Tizen 3.x, new ideas and suggestions
- Project challenges and discussions on project and process
- Outreach - engaging companies, governments, and others
- Community building and fostering
- Documentation, artwork, infrastructure
As shown in the 2014's main Tizen Developer Conference, Tizen is expanding beyond Mobile and IVI into a plethora of new devices. Join us for an exciting event in Shanghai discussing Tizen, the OS of Everything. More details will be posted soon.
Get ready to submit your session now.