The UK Online electronics retailer MobileFun have listed the Tizen based Samsung Z (SM-Z910F) as a unlocked smartphone on their site, with a release date to be confirmed. We are expecting a Russian launch event soon and MobileFun have confirmed directly to Tizen Experts that they are looking at stocking the Samsung Z in the near future, and will also be looking at selling a range of accompanying accessories.
The Samsung Z includes the brilliant new operating system Tizen. Bringing you enhanced power and adaptability, Tizen enables users to browse the web faster and utilise applications more efficiently than ever before.
- Dimensions: 138.2 x 69.8 x 8.5
- Weight: 136g
- Display: 4.8″ Super AMOLED with 1280 x 720 pixels (306 ppi pixel density)
- Memory: 16GB
- OS: Tizen 2.2.1
- Processor: Quad-core 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, EDR, LE, Micro USB, GPS
- Camera: 16MP with superfast autofocus, LED flash, video and secondary 2.1MP camera
- Battery: 2600mAh
The Smartphone is listed as running the Qualcomm snapdragon 800 2.3Ghz processor, and the camera being able to take photographs in around 0.3 of a second, which will produce blur free photographs. This is the same speed as their Tizen based smart camera’s do, like the Samsung NX 30.
We will bring you more news on this as we get it.