The new platform with new opportunities
The Russia Tizen App Challenge was launched this year to mainly focus on Apps for the Samsung Z, but unfortunately as this handset hasn't launched, the scope of this challenge has had to change.
Now looking at the official T&C's the application target devices are now the Tizen Samsung Gear 2 and Gear 3 (which I'm sure should read Gear S). Everything else of the challenge remains the same in terms of schedules and requirements.
The competition has started on the 9th June and is open to citizens of the Russia or Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan with permanent or temporary registration in the territory of Russia.
How to participate
- Register on official web-page of Russia Tizen App Challenge http://www.tizenappchallenge.ru
- Create your app using the Tizen SDK https://developer.tizen.org
- Pass certification in Tizen Store http://seller.tizenstore.com
- Complete your on official web-page and submit your app to the challenge
Stages of the Competition
- 9 June - 9 October: Accepting applications for the competition
- 17 - 25 November: Evaluation by an Expert Jury
- 25 - 27 November: Announcement of Winners
- Gaming Applications: First prize of 1,400,000 rubles, second prize of 1,000,000 and a third prize of 800,000
- Non-gaming Applications: First prize 1,200,000 rubles, second prize 900,000 rubles and a third prize of 700,000 rubles
- Game / non-game applications that support the Gear S: 5 prizes of 200,000 each
That makes a total prize fund of over 7,000,000 rubles
For more information can be found at http://www.tizenappchallenge.ru