Tizen IVI SDK 3.0 Alpha 4 is Available
The Tizen In-Vehicle Infotainment Software Developers Kit (IVI SDK) is a now available for you to download and runs on Windows*, Ubuntu*, and Mac OS X*. It includes Emulator (based on QEMU), Web Simulator, IDE, documents and samples, and supports a real IVI device as a target.
|3.0 Alpha 4
- Emulator (based on QEMU): Image is based on Tizen 3.0 IVI M14.4 (20141017.7) release. The web runtime engine is updated to Crosswalk version 10.238.222.0.
- Web Simulator: The API support for Vehicle module is updated according to redefined specification.
- IDE: Modello sample applications and common libraries are updated. Automatic completion is updated for new vehicle interfaces into editor. Run/debug tools in IDE are upgraded to support pkgcmd tools and aul tools.
- Documents: Tizen IVI API for Vehicle is updated in help documentation.
|3.0 Alpha 3
- Emulator (based on QEMU): Kernel is upgraded to 3.12.18. Image is based on Tizen 3.0 IVI M14.2 (20140724.4) release. The web runtime engine is updated to Crosswalk.
- Web Simulator: Added new support for 3 modules: MediaServer (DLNA), Speech and Locale. Updated API support for Vehicle module.
- IDE: Modello sample applications and common libraries are added. Run/debug tools in IDE are upgraded to support Crosswalk tools.
- Documents: Tizen IVI API is updated in help documentation, including Locale, MediaServer, Speech and Vehicle API.
|3.0 Alpha 2
- Emulator (based on QEMU): Kernel is upgraded to 3.12 with SMACK (security module) enable. Image is based on Tizen 3.0 IVI M14.1 (20140415.5) release
- Web Simulator: Added new support for 3 modules: MessagePort, SecureElement and WebSetting.
- IDE: New template for Web UI component - cowhide 0.1.16
- Documents: Add 2 wiki: How to custom emulator image How to develop web simulator
||First drop. It supports IVI web application development and runs on Windows*, Ubuntu*, and Mac OS X*.New features:
- Emulator (based on QEMU): Emulates full stacks of the Tizen IVI platform. The image is based on the Tizen 3.0 IVI EOY (20140115.4)release
- Web Simulator: Provides a new IVI profile support. It includes vehicle API implementation, a vehicle panel for getting/setting vehicle internal data, and car running simulation.
- IDE: Includes IVI templates and samples in the project wizard; IVI API auto-complete in editor. Supports a web application running and debugging on multiple targets including emulator, web simulator, or real IVI device.
- Documents: Help document includes vehicle API reference.
Installing Tizen IVI SDK
Installing Tizen IVI SDK is relatively easy if you have experience with the Tizen SDK installation process. All of the IVI support resources are packaged as optional components and can be installed using the Install Manager. See Tizen SDK installation instructions if needed. Note the differences described below prior to installation.
Downloading Install Manager
Installing the SDK
Install Tizen SDK using the Install Manager.
- Change the package server to developing location due to Tizen 3.0 SDK is still cooking.
- Run the SDK install manager, click Advanced.
- In the Advanced Configuration window, select the Package Server radio button and click Change server.
- In the Change Server dialog box, change the package server address to: http://download.tizen.org/sdk/latest and click OK.
- Select the most recent snapshot.
- Change Distribution to 'ivi', uncheck the Auto update option and check the Show all option.
- Select the most recent snapshot or use a QA tested snapshot.
- List the latest snapshots we have tested: 0727205436730224 (Date: 2014-07-28 03:54)
- Testing matrix
- Ubuntu: 12.10 (64-bit Sandy bridge, 32-bit Ivy bridge)
- Ubuntu: 12.04 32-bit (Ivy bridge, Sandy bridge, Nvidia, ATI) and 64-bit (Sandy bridge)
- Windows: Windows 7 64-bit (Ivy bridge, Sandy bridge, Nvidia, ATI)
- Mac: MacOS 10.9 + ATI; 10.8.3 + Nvidia
- Manually select all components. ("IVI 3.0" component is in the "Platforms" category.)
- For more information about Tizen IVI see Tizen IVI
- For more information about Tizen SDK see Tizen SDK
- For more information about Tizen Standalone Emulator see Tizen Standalone Emulator
- If you have any questions about Tizen IVI SDK, please contact us:
Wang, Wenchao Liu, Alice Wu, Jackie Han, Yangang
Find out more at the TIZEN IVI Wiki Page