What is the Game Service Platform (GSP) ?
- The Games Service is a dedicated gaming service on the Tizen TV’s Smart Hub.
- It provides various games of different genres such as sports, racing, shooting, puzzle etc…
- It supports different monetization models, such as free-to-play, in-app purchase, paid apps etc…
- It supports games developed with Unity, HTML5, JAVA, C/C++ or NaCl.
- It leverages Samsung’s Game Service Platform and billing service to create additional value for game developers.
Unity Game Engine
Unity is a game development ecosystem that helps developers create and publish their games multiple platforms, including Tizen TV. You can see what games have been created using unity here.
Awards and Accolades
- Develop Awards 2014 - Winner - Best Engine
- Unity Technologies Named Winner of Best in Entertainment and Gaming in ‘The San Francisco Business Times’ Tech and Innovation Awards
- Stevie Awards: Tech Innovator of the Year Finalist (David Helgason, CEO)
- Stevie Awards: Innovative Tech Company of the Year (Company) - Finalist
- 2014 Gamesindustry.biz Innovation Awards - Finalist - Innovation in Technology
For independent developers and studios, Unity’s democratizing ecosystem smashes the time and cost barriers to creating uniquely beautiful games. They are using Unity to build a livelihood doing what they love: creating games that hook and delight players on any platform.
Primarily the Unity Games Engine will be the avenue for Developers to get their applications onto the GSP and therefore onto Samsung’s Tizen TVs. The Tizen Unity SDK is not available at the moment, but it is hoped to be released soon.
You can use various controllers to control the action on your Tizen TV, including:
- Smart Control
- Standard Remote
Mobile App are supported
Architecture of the GSP
The GSP consists of:
- ① GSP Servers, which provide services,
- ② GSP-SDK, which provides information on how to connect the services with games, and
- ③ GSP Admin, through which the Games panel provider configures and maintains services.
You can find more Information about theArchitecture of the GSP Here.