Samsung Canada today launched its the NX1 Smart Camera to make it its newest addition to its digital imaging line up,
This professionally inspired camera combines cutting edge design with industry leading Samsung camera innovation, and offers an unrivaled photography experience, setting the new benchmark on what to expect from compact system cameras (CSC).
“The NX1 redefines what is possible for image and video capture in the Canadian market,” said Paul Brannen, Executive Vice President, Mobile Solutions, Samsung Canada. “Thanks to the innovation and user-first design of the NX1, we are helping photographers reimagine the level of quality and expertise possible with every shot.”
Designed for photographers looking to capture the moments that inspire, the NX1 puts the user at the forefront with an interface that allows them to focus on capturing the perfect shot with confidence. Supporting the intelligent user interface is Samsung’s innovation legacy, which boasts a versatile performance and attention to detail that will encourage photographers to rethink their perspectives on what a camera can – and should – do.
To celebrate this global launch, Samsung teamed up with actor and filmmaker, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who created the short film, “In a City” to demonstrate the beautiful content that this new camera can capture. Shot entirely on the NX1 the film leveraged filmmakers from different parts of the globe under Gordon-Levitt’s direction to show the endless possibilities of Samsung’s latest camera.
As an added bonus, fans can also go behind-the-scenes with Gordon-Levitt for a deeper understanding of what makes the NX1 a photographer or filmmaker’s dream. Providing additional context into how “In a City” came together, from conceptualization to final cut, fans can see the NX1 in action by following this link:
Ushering in a new era for photography in Canada:
Features that help the NX1 stand out from the crowd and establish a new benchmark for photography in Canada include:
- A professional state of mind: The NX1 utilizes a highly durable magnesium alloy body with a solid, rugged feel that high-end photographers are accustomed to. It is dust and splash resistant, comfortable and easy to operate thanks to its ergonomic design and attention to detail.
- Bringing photos to life like never before: From composition to capture, the NX1 was created to bring the moments that inspire photographers to life in true clarity. The Electronic Viewfinder features an XGA OLED display with 2.36-million dots, while the 3.0-inch FVGA Super AMOLED Display with touch capabilities breaks boundaries as the only CSC to feature a top LCD panel.
- ‘Picture Perfect’ in any light: Bolstered by Samsung’s newly designed 28MP APS-C CMOS Sensor, which features an innovativeBack Side Illumination structure with micro lens array, the NX1 effectively diminishes even the most subtle of noise and ensures jaw-dropping results even in low-light conditions.
- Unrivaled Speed and Accuracy: The DRIMe V image processor utilised by the NX1 is powerful and fast, with world-class AF speed (0.055 sec). Additionally, its industry leading 15FPS continuous shooting allows users to seamlessly track and shoot entire action sequences without sacrificing image quality.
- Travel lighter: With no external equipment required, filmmakers can bring their inspirations to life in vivid quality thanks to onboard4K UHD Video Recording support.
The Samsung NX1 is available for purchase at major Canadian retailers, including Henry’s, Lozeau, The Camera Store and Vistek. Suggested MSRP is $2,999.99.
Consumers can also purchase the NX1 through special order at Broadway Camera, London Drugs and Zone 5 Photo.
Samsung NX1 Specifications
Samsung NX1 Specifications
28.2 effective megapixel APS-C BSI CMOS sensor
76.8mm (3.0-inch) Super AMOLED Tilt Display with Touch panel (tilting Up 90°, Down 45°)
EVF (OLED) with Eye Contact Sensor
Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, 12800, 25600 (1EV or 1/3EV step) (EXT. 51200)
JPEG (3:2) : 28M (6480×4320), 13.9M (4560×3040), 7.1M (3264×2176), 3.0M (2112×1408)
File format: RAW (SRW ver2.0.0), JPEG (EXIF 2.3), MPO (for 3D Lens), DCF
MP4 (Video: HEVC /H.265, Audio: AAC)
Frame rate: 60fps, 30fps, 24fps NTSC / 50fps, 25fps, 24fps PAL
NTSC, PAL, HDMI
SMART Mode: Action Freeze, Beauty Face, Fireworks, Landscape, Light Trace, Multi-Exposure, Night, Panorama (Live), Rich Tone (HDR), Samsung Auto Shutter, Silhouette, Sunset, Waterfall
3D still image & video capturing
Built-in Flash (Guide Number 11 at ISO100)
Magnesium cover body
Dust and splash resistance * Note – This product is not water or dust proof. It is designed to resist dust and minor splashes only. Exposure to severe conditions is not recommended.
* Note – The availability of each service may differ by country.
138.5 x 102.3 x 65.8
550 g (without battery)