If you look at Samsung's marketing, they are definitely ready to do battle at CES next week over their Smart TVs or should I proudly say Tizen Smart TVs. The are introducing their new S'UHD TVs (S for Samsung?) as the "Most Seductive TV of all time. PERIOD". This is a bold statement to make indeed as we know that there are some highly seductive TVs already from the world of LG and Sony, to name a couple.
We know we are looking at a Tizen based TV that will have a curved 4K display, but the marketing adds a few more lavish points:
- Spectacular Quantum Color
- Stylish Curved Design
- Superb Ultra High Definition Detail
- Sublime Brightness
- Smart Tizen
- & More
The Worldwide premier starts in Las Vegas on 6 Jan 2015 at CES 2015, and hopefully we will get you some behind the scenes scoops.
Samsung has already announced a few days ago that their upcoming Smart TV lineup for 2015 will be based on Tizen, which will their TVs to become part of a much larger content ecosystem.
“Building our Smart Platform around Tizen is a groundbreaking step towards a much more intelligent and integrated system,” said Won Jin Lee, Executive Vice President of the Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics. “Tizen not only enriches the entertainment experience for our customers today, but unlocks great potential for the future in home entertainment.”
Content is always going to be something that help is going to help differentiate between devices and ecosystems, so with this in mind Samsung have some key content partners:
- Samsung Sports Live allows users to watch live games while simultaneously checking team and player stats on the same screen. Samsung has also partnered with global games companies for a large and varied games catalogue.
- The PlayStation Now cloud-streaming game service available in North America offers PlayStation gaming on Samsung Smart TVs with no PlayStation console needed. With PlayStation Now on Samsung Smart TVs, users can play hundreds of PlayStation®3 games simply by pairing their TVs with DUALSHOCK 4 controllers.
- The popular dance game Just Dance Now, in partnership with Ubisoft, is available globally on Samsung Smart TVs. Users will be able to play and dance in front of their TVs using the Samsung Smart Remote and Samsung mobile devices. The game supports multiple players, so even more friends and family can join in the fun.
- Bingo HOME: Race to Earth is a gaming title for the new DreamWorks Animation movie HOME and features progressive bingo that includes casual, shared gaming on the TV and smart devices already found in the home. The technology is a new innovative eco-system pioneered by Samsung and Yahoo for multi-screen interaction in the living room.
- Samsung’s own Milk Video curates the most popular and interesting video clips from websites to give users access to premium content from a growing list of almost 50 content partners. To help users discover even more fun content, Samsung’s On TV feature helps users discover new content easily with intuitive recommendations.
Below is a video showing Samsung's Active Share framework being shown off at the Tizen Developer Conference in Shanghai last year