Samsung has released a firmware / software update for its Tizen based Smartcamera, tje Samsung NX500. The update, version 1.11, provides further improvements in autofocus whilst zooming across 6 lenses: Samsung NX 16-50mm F2.0-2.8 S ED OIS, Samsung 50-150mm F2.8 S, Samsung NX 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 Power Zoom ED OIS, Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS, Samsung NX 12-24mm F4-5.6 ED, Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS.
Also present are improved side face recognition performance, improved spot light AF speed and performance and improved object motion estimation performance. All these come in addition the the overall bug fix patch.
Full change log
- Added MP4 Video transmission at Mobile Link
- Added capture icon on Playback Exif mode
- Improved AF/AE performance
- Improved AF to work during zooming (6 Supporting Lens : 16-50mm S, 50-150mm S, 16-50mm PZ, 18-55mm Ⅲ, 12-24mm, 50-200mm Ⅲ)
- Improved side face recognition performance
- Improved spot light AF speed and performance
- Improved object motion estimation performance
The firmware update is available immediately and can be downloaded via Wi-Fi on the camera, via the website or with Samsung’s iLauncher software. You can download the firmware file from Samsung Support Site.