Tomorrow the Samsung Gear S2 goes on sale nationwide in the US, but it looks like their Canadian friends won't have too long to wait. The Canadian Best Buy website has the Gear S2 listed for pre-order and the release date is listed as 16 October.
The site lists the Samsung Gear S2 Classic (Black/Blue) for $429.99 and the Gear S2 (Dark Grey or Silver) for $399.99.
- Features a 1.2" circular Super AMOLED touchscreen with 16-bit 360 x 360 full colour display
- Gorilla Glass protection to survive your toughest workout
- Dust proof, anti-scratch, and IP68 water resistance
- Stainless steel casing
- Innovative rotary navigation dial
- 802.11b/g/n wireless support, Bluetooth 4.1, and NFC connectivity
- Sync with your smartphone; make and receive calls, control your music, get notifications and alarms, receive email, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter alerts, check weather, and more
- Track your workout progress with apps like S Health
- Tracks calories, distance, steps, and sleep
- Heart rate monitor
- Power Saving Mode
I had hands-on with the device at the Tizen Developer Conference and I can tell you I wasn't disappointed. The combination of touch screen and hardware bezel / buttons make a very compelling combination.
Video - Samsung Gear S2 Hands-On
Head on over to the Best Buy website to place your pre-order.