The New 2016 Samsung Smart TV Line-up
Samsung has officially unveiled its new line-up of SUHD TVs at CES 2016. The SUHD TVs offer great picture quality using cadmium-free, 10-bit Quantum dot display, which provide a premium high dynamic range (HDR) experience, with 1,000 nit HDR minimum for a higher level of contrast between light and dark images
“Our new SUHD TVs represent our singular focus on innovation that matters most to consumers, by providing the very best picture quality for the home,” said Hyun Suk Kim, President of Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics. “In 2016, we’re going beyond anything we’ve done before to offer a remarkable synergy of design, engineering and craftsmanship.”
TV becomes the hub for your Smart Home
We have mentioned previously that Samsung were looking at Integrating its SmartThings technology into the Smart TV itself, in order for you to control your Smart devices via the big screen. Your TV is now the Internet of Things (IoT) control hub for your IoT world. You can now control over 200 devices and perform actions like switching on the the lights, check security cameras, lock doors, and a whole lot more. In order for your Smart TV to connect with SmartThings devices you will need to plug in the SmartThings USB Extender that will be shipping FREE with ALL 2016 SUHD TVs. Once connected all Smart home features will become live.
Unlimited, Seamless Entertainment through Single Access and Single Remote
Built on the Tizen operating system(OS), Samsung’s 2016 Smart TVs make it easier for consumers to discover and access all their favorite content and services, from TV and movies to games and program information, all in one place.
- New Smart Hub – The 2016 Smart Hub is designed to provide users with simple access to their favorite content all in one place. Live TV, over the top (OTT), games and even the menu that appears on the home screen of the Samsung Smart TV allows users to access their favorite programs as soon as they turn on the TV.
- Samsung Smart Control remote – The new Samsung Smart TV eliminates the need to juggle multiple remote controls. The Samsung Smart TV will automatically recognize the type of set-top box, game console, OTT box or home theater system that is connected to the TV. This allows users to control all of the external devices with the Smart Control remote — with no setup required.
- Console-less Gaming – Consumers can enjoy the most realistic gaming experience on a large screen without the need for a console. More than 500 streaming and downloadable games will be available on the 2016 Samsung Smart TVs. Recent additions for PlayStationTMNow include Assassin’s Creed III, Batman: Arkham Origins, The LEGO Movie and many more.
- EXTRA Service – With a push of the EXTRA hot button on the Samsung Smart Control remote, information related to the content will appear onscreen instantly. Users can see player profiles and stats during sporting events, information on cast members for their favorite TV shows and more.
- Smart View – The Samsung Smart View mobile app allows users to share their favorite content instantly with their family. The upgraded Smart View is now available beyond Samsung Galaxy devices, supporting Android and iOS devices, as well as Window PCs. Popular apps and websites including AccuWeather, Crackle, iHeartRadio, M-GO, Plex, Pluto.TV, UFC, Vimeo, YuppTV and more are all also Smart View enabled, so consumers can begin the entertainment experience right within the apps and services they enjoy most.
- More access to content – Streaming UHD movies and TV shows from providers such as Amazon, M-GO, and Netflix and accessing apps such as YouTube has gotten even easier. UHD technologies developed by NeuLion will also enable a selection of sporting events to stream UHD Consumers can also connect Samsung’s new Ultra HD Blu-ray Player via HDMI (2.0a) for access to UHD movies with HDR. Direct access to live programming from providers such as Dish and Time Warner Cable is simplified.