The relationship between Tizen and Unity is building up very well over time. Off recently, Samsung even announced a Tizen App Challenge for Unity developers to bring more high quality Unity games on to the platform. Meanwhile, Unity have now patched their Game engine with version 5.4.0 P4 . The patch brings a lot of bug fixes and improvements across various platforms like Windows, OSX, Android, iOS and Tizen.
Keeping Tizen in mind, we have narrowed down the list to aid developers working on the Tizen platform:-
- (none) – Tizen: Added a method to request the Evas_GL object to possibly be used in plugins.
- (none) – Tizen: Added API compatibility control. Currently only 2.3 and 2.4 are supported.
- (806041) – Tizen: Fixed problem with hangs when using a static splash screen image.
- (805148) – Tizen: Fixed the screen dimensions being incorrect when rotating the screen on Tizen while playing video.
- (none) – Tizen: Fixed a problem where UnityPluginUnload was not called in Tizen mobile.
- (none) – Tizen: Removed an error which wrote privilege value in duplicate in tizen-manifest.xml.
- (none) – Tizen: Support multiple sensor listener.
The patch can be downloaded from here. Its only a matter of time until Tizen apps get support for ads and in-app purchases to help developers generate more revenue out of their apps and support Tizen with better games down the road.