Today, the Samsung Gear Manager app, used to connect your Gear Smartwatch to your mobile, has received an update this morning taking it to Version: 2.2.17022862 with Gear S plugin 2.2.03.17032461. One noticeable feature that has been added as part of the update is tip cards, which give you tips on what's new, account sign-in, notification management, auto switch function and backup data.
A couple of days ago we saw a new firmware for the Gear S3 Frontier being released (BQC5), and with it a new Auto Switch function that is now supported through this latest Gear Manager. The Auto Switch function supports the Gear S3, S2 and Fit2 and automatically connects the Gear device being worn to the paired smartphone. Check out below for full details:-
Full Changelog - What's new
1. Tip cards added
- Tip card added about what's new in Samsung Gear app.
- Tip card added about Samsung account sign-in.
- Tip card added about Gear notification management.
- Tip card added about Auto switch device (new function) being enabled.
- Tip card added about backup data that has not yet been restored.
2. Gear lock function improved - Function added that shows information on Gear's lock screen.
3. Other improvements:-
- Auto switch device function improved.
- App rating pop-up added.
- Available watch faces will now be shown when watch faces deleted.
Manually update Gear Manager
If you do not get a notification to update your Gear software then you can manually update as below:-
If the above does not work, you can launch Samsung Galaxy Apps, search for Gear Manager and see if an update is listed there.