The Source code for Tizen 4.0 first milestone (M1) has been released. With this release, developers are provided with Tizen .NET, an application framework for Tizen based on .NET. The release also supports Xamarin Forms 2.3.5, a C# Tizen Platform-specific API and also a C# 3D UI Framework. The gcc toolchain is at version 6.2.1, which now fully supports C++11. Many other changes are also included such as the web framework has chromium M56 applied. The Graphics system now supports OpenGLES 3.2 and the Wayland Server.
Highlights of this release are as follows:
- Xamarin.Forms 2.3.5
- C# Tizen Platform-specific API
- C# 3D UI Framework(NUI, Natural User Interface)
- Web Framework
- Web engine base open source up version : chromium M56 is applied
- Below HTML5/W3C standard feature/API is added
- Shadow DOM v1, Pointer Events, WebGL 2, Credential Management API, ECMAScript7 Async and Await
- gcc Upgraded from 4.9.2 to 6.2.1 (Linaro '16 Dec version)
- Language C++11 is fully supported.
- Graphics System
- Wayland Server
- Add the extension protocols and impelementation for wayland server. For example tizen_screen_rotation, tizen_screenshooter, tizen_remote_surface.
- libpepper-evdev and libpepper-keyrouter are added. These library can be used for headless wayland server.
- Display and GL
- Frontbuffer rendering is added for VR rendering engine.
- Support the layer commit to ensure an output commit per each vblank in TDM(Tizen Display Management)
- OpenGLES 3.2 support
- Voice Webpage Control and Voice Touch are supported
Please refer to the release notes for further details.