Samsung has recently updated its Gear Watch Designer beta watchface designing tool to version 1.4.1. The program is used for making custom watchfaces for Samsung's wearables such as the Gear S, Gear S2, Gear Fit 2 and the Gear S3. The update prior to this dates back to June 23rd. The current 1.4.1 update was released on the 18th of July and brings some improvements and changes and fixes some that came along with the last update such as-
- Fixed bugs and compatibility issues in 1.4.0 version.
- 1) Fixed a hand component loading failure when sweep property is applied in the previous version.
- 2) Fixed a project loading failure when a project is generated with a previous version of 1.2.0.
- 3) Fixed a locked image loading failure which was locked with a previous version.
- 4) Fixed a hang (or terminate) issue when running preview of the watch face.
- Added a warning for the not supported ttf font which is a 'Symbol' type encoding. ('Unicode BMP' type encoding is supported only).
- Added Fahrenheit, Kelvin unit types to the ‘Current Temperature’ source.
Since the Watch Designer is still in beta, there still are some issues prevailing in the latest build which Samsung has noted as-
- Mac OS hotkey Command+Q makes program exit without asking to save current job (SWT issue).
- The following features are not yet supported on Gear S :
- 1) Launch after install
- 2) Always on mode
- 3) Steps % source
- 4) Change language of Digitalclock component
- 5) Timezone, Calendar property
- The following .psd features are not yet supported.
- 1) Group
- 2) Show/Hide status
- 3) Effects
- Arabic language doesn't support ICU format 'EEEEEE'(six 'E', two-letter abbreviation).
Users having the Gear Watch Designer tool installed on their Mac or Windows PC should get a prompt to update to the version 1.4.1 while the rest of you can download the latest build from here.