Developers have been busy and the result is reflecting in the ever increasing number of apps that is been unveiled on the Tizen Platform. Most of us have a very busy daily schedule such that we sometimes forget even the most regular parts of our lives. Prayer is consistent with many people and they never want to forget to pray. A new Muslim prayer app has been developed for the Samsung Gear S series (Gear S2 & Gear S3) called “Salarm Widget”. Now you can get prayer reminders from your wrist wherever you are.
Salarm Widget computes the 5 prayer times (Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib, Isha) and sunrise time. It has the widget, the prayer and the timetable (3 days). It also reminds you when its time. The app has two sections which are the host- application (H-app) and the widget. The H-app is used to configure the calculation time of prayers and time of the alarm while the widget is used to display the time of prayer.
The “Custom”-page (the H-app) has the following categories:
- Sound & Vibration
- Time & Corrections
- Calculation times.
The following methods of calculation (school) are available:
- MWL – Muslim World League
- ISNA – Islamic Society of North America
- EGYPT – Egyptian General Authority of Survey
- MAKKAH – Umm AI-Qura University, Makkah
- KARACHI – University of Islamic Sciences, Karachi
- TEHRAN – Institute of Geophysics, University of Tehran
- JAFARI – Shia Ithna-Ashari, Leva Institute, Qum
- UOIF – Union des Organisations Islamiques de France.
Description of colours for “Pray times”-page:
- Blue – the prayer hasn’t come
- Gold – the prayer will occur the next 5 minutes
- Green – the prayer is made on time
- Red – the prayer is missed
- Purple – the prayer which is made in other time.
You need to configure the times of prayer before you use the widget. To do so, click on the bottom of the widget (the H-app will be launched) and set parameters (“Custom”-page). Also, note that you can export a schedule of prayer times to the file.