Tizen is an operating system which was launched six years ago and since then its development has been quite consistent to the extent that it is now found on smartphones, smartwatches, and Smart TV’s. Although the strides of this OS are impressive, it is definitely work in progress and as of now its store has thousands of apps, most of which are highly rated. Telegram, a messaging app, is one of the apps in the Tizen Store and some users have lamented that its usability is not as seamless as expected.
The issues on the current version include a delay in the arrival message alert, difficulty in typing, lack of real-time message update during chat etc. Some are waiting for an update to the current version and hoping that these setbacks will be addressed. But while we wait for an update, which is probably on its way, there is an alternative which works just fine and delivers all that the app does.
Telegram on the Samsung-Tizen internet browser is a perfect temporary solution and though it may not give the appeal that the app guarantees, it is only an alternative for now.
How To Get Started
- Go to web.telegram.org on your Samsung internet browser.
- Select your country, insert your phone number (you can use the search bar to quickly locate your country) and click on “next” at the top right corner of your screen.
- Confirm that your phone number is correct by clicking “OK”.
- Wait for a few seconds for Telegram to generate keys (usually a 5 digit code) which will be sent to the Telegram app on your smartphone. If you do not have the app, the code will be sent as a text message.
- As soon as the code is generated, you have exactly 2 minutes to input the code in the space provided.
- Once you input the code, your Telegram account will be authenticated and ready for use. Old users will have updated accounts which means that all previous messages will still be intact.
As a reminder, Telegram is a pure instant messaging app which is simple, fast, secure, and synced across all your devices. In just over two years, it has over 100 million active users and on this app, you can start typing on your phone and finish the message from your tablet or laptop. You can send media and files without any limits on their type or size and your entire chat history will require no disk space on your device. Your chat history will be securely stored in the Telegram cloud for as long as you need it. Telegram has powerful photo and video editing tools and an open sticker/GIF platform to cater to all your expressive needs. For those interested in maximum privacy, Telegram offers Secret Chats which can be programmed to self-destruct automatically from both participating devices. This way you can send all types of disappearing content and messages, photos, videos, and even files. Secret Chats use end-to-end encryption to ensure that a message can only be read by its intended recipient.
Many thanks to Akshay PL for the tip on this alternative. Tell us what you think about Telegram on the Samsung browser in the comment section below.