Smart wearables brand Fitbit, launched the retail sale of two of its latest fitness-centric accessories, the Fitbit Flyer and the Fitbit Aria 2, and its first smartwatch Fitbit Ionic in India. All the three products were announced back in August 2017, however, none of them were available in Indian retail market as of now.
Fitbit Ionic is the Smartwatch is the first to be powered by the Fitbit OS. The smartwatch comes with a new SpO2 sensor which allows it “to track deeper health insights” which include detecting sleep apnea, GPS tracking, tracking dynamic workouts, and heart rate tracking. The device is water resistant up to 50 meters. Fitbit Ionic also feature contactless payments with Fitbit Pay, onboard music, and smart notifications, that we expect every smartwatch to do. The device has a battery life of up to 5 days of normal usage.
Fitbit Iconic Highlights and Specifications
- 1.42 inch (348 x 250 pixels) Touchscreen Color LCD display
- Water resistant up to 50 meters
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Heart rate monitor, Altimeter and Ambient light sensor support
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, NFC for payments
- Automatic tracking of physical activities like cycling, running, swimming etc.
- SpO2 sensor for estimating blood oxygen levels allowing sleep apnea detection
- 2.5 GB of internal storage
- Fitbit Pay for contactless payments
- Battery life of up to 5 days with normal use
Fitbit Ionic will be available in three colour combinations: silver grey tracker and clasp with a blue-gray band, smoke grey tracker and clasp with a charcoal band, and burnt orange tracker and clasp with a slate blue band. The device is priced at Rs. 22,990.
Fitbit Flyer is the company’s first customisable fit wireless headphones with a sweatproof design. The Fitbit Flyer also features advanced sound performance that is claimed to have passive noise isolation for an immersive audio experience. The headphone pair comes with music & call controls and is compatible with both smartwatches and phones. The headphone also supports quick-charge and multi-device connectivity.
Fitbit Flyer Highlights and Specifications
- Bluetooth 4.2 with multi-connectivity
- Water and sweat-resistant design (hydrophobic nano coating)
- Customizable ear tips (S, M, L)
- 2 sizes of both wings and fins (S, L)
- Crisp audio and powerful bass with 8.6mm driver
- Dynamic audio range enhanced by WavesMaxx audio
- Up to 6 hours of battery backup wit quick charge support
Fitbit has priced the device at Rs. 9,990.
Fitbit Aria 2
Fitbit Aria 2 is a ‘Wi-Fi Smart Scale’ to track body weight, the percentage of body fat, BMI and lean mass. The smart scale offers Bluetooth connectivity and stats sync automatically to the Fitbit dashboard where you can manage a chart of your improvement. The device has a user support of up to eight individuals.
Fitbit Aria 2 Highlights and Specifications
- Measures weight, body fat percentage, lean mass and BMI
- Automatic syncronisation to Fitbit dashboard on your smartphone
- Keeps a track of your data in simple, easy-to-read graphs
- Recognizes up to eight users while keeping individual stats private
- Modern, polished glass surface
The Fitbit Aria 2 will be available in Black and White colour variants with a price tag of Rs. 9,990.
All three products will be available starting February 2018 across the country at Reliance Digital, Croma, and Helios and Fitbit’s online partners in India.