Another day and another leak for details for the upcoming flagship Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960) and Galaxy S9 Plus (SM-G965), this time via the WinFuture.de website. They seem to have got their hands on some marketing materials that outlines some of the key technical specifications. The handset itself is scheduled to be unveiled this weekend.
Most of these details have already been known, but now some smaller details have also come to light. No news on pricing details at the moment.
Galaxy S9 Specifications
Below is what we understand to be under the hood of the Galaxy S9 and it looks like it should be exactly the same as what will be announced this weekend:
- Display: 5.8-inch (S9) and 6.2-inch (S9 Plus) Super AMOLED, 18.5:9 aspect ratio, 2960 x 1440 pixels.
- Chipset: Exynos 9810 octa-core (4 x 1.9 GHz & 4 x 2.9 GHz) SoC in Europe and Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (4 x 1.7 GHz + 4 x 2.6 GHz) SoC in the US.
- RAM: 4 GB (S9) / 6 GB (S9 Plus).
- Storage: 64 GB (UFS 2.1), expandable up to 400 GB via MicroSD card.
- Rear camera: 12 MP rear camera with OIS and variable aperture (f/1.5-f/2.4) (S9) / Dual-12 MP rear camera with OIS and variable aperture (f/1.5-f/2.4+f/2.4) (S9 Plus). Laser and dual-pixel autofocus, super slow-motion recording (up to 960 FPS).
- Front camera: 8 MP (f/1.7) with autofocus.
- Battery: 3,000 mAh (S9) / 3,500 mAh (S9 Plus) with USB Type-C. Includes fast and wireless charging.
- Speakers: AKG-tuned stereo speakers with surround sound.
- Extras: IP68 certification, iris scanner, facial recognition.
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo with Samsung Experience 9.0 UI.
- Color variants: Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Lilac Purple, Titanium Grey (availability may depend on region).
Pictures courtesy of WinFuture.de. You will be able to place your a pre-order for your device this weekend. Not long to go now.