Indian telecommunications company, Reliance Jio introduced Jio Prime membership subscription last year for a one-time payment of Rs. 99. The subscription entitled enrolment to Jio Prime membership for the period from 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2018. The subscription period ended recently. However, the company is renewing the subscriptions of all the existing customers for one more year without any extra cost. Here’s how you can extend your Jio Prime benefits for another year, absolutely FREE.
How to extend Jio Prime membership for free
- Install the MyJio app on your phone and sign in with your Jio number.
- In the app MYJio app, you will see a banner at the top with the text, “Congratulations! Extend JioPrime for a year, FREE”. Tap on the Get Now button just next to the text.
- The next page will show the following message: “JioPrime is getting bigger, you are a valued JioPrime member and we are extending one full year’s subscription absolutely FREE for you.” Below it will be the list of Jio numbers registered to you.
- Choose the numbers you want to extend Jio Prime membership of, and tap Proceed.
- You will see a message saying “request raised successfully”.
- Your Jio Prime membership will be extended for another year within 24 hours. The same will be reflected on the “My Plans” section of MyJio app.
There has bee reports of people not seeing the banner asking you to get service for another year. The reason for this could be that you are not an active Jio user despite being a Jio Prime member. If you’re facing similar problems, then we have solution for that as well. Just force quit MyJio app and stream videos using the Jio Sim data for about 20 minutes. Once done, start MyJio app and you should see the banner. Now follow the steps listed above.
While everyone, including me, was expecting Reliance Jio to charge a nominal amount for Prime membership, the telco company has surprised everyone by making it free for another year. However, customers who join the Jio network on or after 1 April 2018 will have to pay the fee of Rs. 99 to avail the benefits that come with Jio Prime. The customers who are already on the network, but don’t have a Jio Prime membership, will also have to pay Rs. 99 if they wish to opt for the subscription, which will be valid until March 31 2019.